You Can Make an Impact
Whether you’re a financial professional or a concerned citizen, you can take action to level the steep sides of the global financial pyramid and make financial inclusion a reality for more people. Some of these ideas require only a few minutes of your time while others need a sustained effort. However you choose to participate, the 2.5 billion people who are currently closed off from the pyramid of financial inclusion will appreciate your efforts.
- Join the conversation @SuccessatBop
- Join or start a group—Bitcoin for emerging markets, financial inclusion.
- Show a preference for companies like MasterCard and Amex that are committed to financial inclusion, and tell them that is why you are giving them your business. Also, tell their competitor why you are not.
- Advise a start-up that is focused on the underserved.
- Invest in a start-up that is focused on the underserved.
- Write your state and federal politicians and ask for regulatory changes. Almost everywhere in the world, regulations can be better.
- Write a letter asking Visa, MasterCard, Amazon, Apple, and Google to support innovation for the underserved by a) not hampering innovation by others, b) doing more for the underserved.
- Start a project within your company. Better yet, start a company of your own.
- Inform yourself—know the players of #financialinclusion.
- Join the #successatbop movement.
Discover the exciting audiobook version of Financial Inclusion at the Bottom of the Pyramid. Listen at home, in the car or at the park.