The Global SME Finance Forum 2016 takes place in Beijing, China from September 19-21. This annual flagship event of the SME Finance Forum brings hundreds of senior bankers, fintech execs, development bankers and policymakers together to discuss the latest FinTech trends, investments, and partnerships.
Forward-thinking speakers from every region of the world focus on urgent and emerging trends that impact small business finance during times of global economic volatility.
- How global regulation impacts SME finance
- What economic volatility does to SMEs
- Opportunities for blockchain and distributed ledger technology
- Financing women entrepreneurs
- Asset-based lending
- How to incorporate customer input into new product design
- Angel investors and venture capital funds
- Global trade and supply chain finance
- Emerging trends in fintech solutions
- Ning Tang, CEO of CreditEase, the world’s largest (and China’s oldest) peer-to-peer lender
- Carol Realini, Pioneer Software Executive, Venture Capitalist and Fintech Investor (recognized as one of the 50 Top Women in Technology by Corporate Board Member magazine)
- Michael Casey, Author of The Age of Cryptocurrency, Senior Advisor, MIT Media Labs Digital Currency Initiative (and former senior financial reporter, The Wall Street Journal)
They are joined by IFC’s Global Director of its Financial Institutions Group, Marcos Brujis, and a host of other senior bankers, regulators, and innovators.
The event begins with member only study tours to CreditEase, Bank of China, and DHGate (a leader in eCommerce in the Asia-Pacific region) for deep dives into their SME financing and other support work.
The agenda also includes a marketplace for financial institutions and fintechs to meet potential investors, and site visits to cutting-edge marketplace lenders and other local SME finance providers in Beijing. Networking opportunities will be incorporated throughout.
If you have 2+ attendees from the same institution, use discount code SMEgroup2016 to get a 30% group discount.
Members of the SME Finance Forum receive a 20% association discount. Email the organization at: [email protected] for discount codes or if you have questions.
For the latest information on the agenda, speakers, and registration, visit the website.