Here’s our financial inclusion roundup 2015 post. The explosion of financial technology (FinTech) drove worldwide expansion of mobile money, solar energy ownership, insurance coverage, entrepreneurship and fewer financial nomads. These developments accelerated the digital and mobile revolutions taking place across the globe.
Publishing the book Financial Inclusion at the Bottom of the Pyramid was an exciting learning experience. Connecting with like-minded FinTech evangelists, sharing information, and feeling the energy in the financial inclusion movement was enjoyable. Launching the book also put our favorite FinTech founders center stage.
Financial Inclusion Roundup 2015 Shows Big Wins
Most consumers now handle nearly all their basic banking online. Many rural customers at the bottom of the pyramid use mobile payments, obtain life and health insurance and can afford solar electricity. Traditional banking institutions now recognize the benefits of serving the affluent as well as those climbing the ladder of wealth. And Successful startups, like Juntos Finanzas and Kopo Kopo, proved their effectiveness in global markets. They’ve inspired other entrepreneurs, such as investment firms, to innovate.
Your Favorite Articles of the Year
- Can Female Entrepreneurs Accelerate Financial Inclusion?
- Entrepreneurial Mindset Drives Financial Inclusion Growth
- Could You Live Life as a Financial Nomad?
- Nine Essential for Global Financial Inclusion
- Global Financial Literacy Benefits the Underserved
What’s in store for 2016?
- Co-Author Carol Realini’s opening keynote speech this coming January at the Digital Money Symposium in London
- The continued adoption of co-author Karl Mehta’s latest venture, Edcast, an online knowledge network. Keep an eye out for EdCast’s 10-minute Insight Series where you can interact with the world’s biggest entrepreneurs and innovators
- Carol Realini’s talk at the European Payment Summit in Brussels, March 2016
- Other notable appearances Carol and Karl at our favorite FinTech conferences around the globe
- New content coming your way! Teaser— Author Q&A’s, free chapters from the audiobook, and maybe a webinar with FinTech founders asking Carol & Karl their burning questions.
How You Can Help and Get a Free Audiobook
Whether you’re an entrepreneur, policymaker, or a concerned citizen, move forward in 2016 with lots of momentum. Make Bill Gates’ prediction become a reality. With perseverance, continual innovation and, above all, a passion for making a difference, financial inclusion has a bright future.
Want to share your ideas? Leave a comment below. What do you think about the usefulness of our articles and our website? What would you like to read about?
Would you like a free copy of the audiobook version of Financial Inclusion at the Bottom of the Pyramid?
Thanks for believing in the dream and journeying with us toward financial inclusion. Have a prosperous and healthy 2016.